Tuesday, January 16, 2018

What? Eight years?!

Wow - it's been a little more than eight years since I last posted something here. A lot has happened, and things are looking up in a number of ways.

In re-reading some of these entries, along with the website I started working on around the same time (http://sites.google.com/site/patriotdog/home), it's comforting to see my views have not changed drastically. At my age, they really shouldn't.

I started writing articles and sending them to my list of about 225+ people, which comprised friends, family, co-workers, Sunday school classmates, and a list I'd inherited from my dad before he died back in 2009.

The feedback I received on much of what I wrote was very encouraging.

However, a while back my writing activity slowed down considerably, to the point where I was just forwarding an occasional news story, video, etc.

As with any habit, it takes some effort to re-form one after having drifted from it.

And just like exercise, if you start off like gangbusters after not having done it in a while, it can lead to setting a standard that, when not sustained, can lead to abandoning it again out of discouragement.

So...no long blog entry for now, but it's good to write again.

More soon.

No comments: